Questions with Model Answers on Ch (7)
1- Answer the following Questions:
1- Why was Leila angry when she went to the tomb at night?
• Leila was angry when she went to the tomb at night because there was someone in the tomb at night.
2- How did Leila climb down into the cave?
• Leila climbed down a ladder into the cave.
3- Where did Leila hide?
• Leila hid behind a rock.
4- Who was the man in the tomb?
• He was Martin Lander.
5- Why did Lander get into the tomb?
• Because he was a thief and he appreciated fine things and wanted to add them to his collections.
6- What did he hope to find in the tomb?
• He hoped to find a gold mask.
7- What did Martin do to make Leila not follow him?
• To make Leila not follow him Martin pulled the ladder up and he closed the wooden door .
8- What did Leila tell Martin in the cave?
• Leila told Martin in the cave that he was stealing and everything they found there should go to a museum so that people could see it.
9- What terrible dream did Leila have?
• She saw in her dream that she was surrounded by skeletons of dead kings and soldiers raising their swords to attack her.
10- What did Dr Hafez wonder?
• Dr Hafez wondered how Martin Lander could find the tomb.
11- Why did Leila think she was responsible for Martin's visit to the tomb?
• Leila thought she was responsible for Martin's visit to the tomb because she told Martin some information about the excavation when they met on the plane.
12- How was it easy for them to understand the policemen?
• It was easy for them to understand the policemen because Ramon translated what they said.
13- Mention two reasons why it was difficult to catch Martin?
• It was difficult to catch Martin because he had a false name and he had a false passport.
14- What did Amalia tell Dr Hafez about Martin?
• She told him that Martin helped her to get her first job in archaeology and he knew her father.
15- Did Amalia tell Martin any information about her work?
• No, Amalia did not tell Martin any information about her work.
16- Who did Leila suspect?
• Leila suspected Amalia but Or Hafez did not suspect her.
17- What was strange about Amalia?
• It was strange that she seemed unhappy about something.
18- What did Leila discover?
• Leila discovered a gold mask of a king.
19- What was the mask like?
• The mask was like the face of the sun.
20- Who did they show the mask of gold?
• They showed the mask of gold to Pablo.
21- Where did Pablo put the gold mask?
• Pablo put the gold mask in the safe.
22- What happened to the mask of gold?
• The mask of gold was stolen.
2- Read the following Quotations and then answer the questions:
(1) "You can call me a thief if you like. "
a) Who said this to whom?
B) What was the partner's answer?
c) On what occasion was it said?
a- It was said by Martin Lander to Leila.
b- Leila said that he should not steal the fine things because everything they found should go to a museum.
c- It was said when Leila was face to face with Martin Lander in the tomb when he went there at night to steal some artifacts and Leila saw him there.
(2) "She says that she has known Lander for a long time."
a- Who said this to whom?
b- What did "She" say about Lander?
c- On what occasion was it said?
a) It was said by Dr Hafez to Leila.
b)Amalia told Dr Hafez that she had known Lander for a long time because he had helped her find her first job and her father knew him but she did not tell him any information about her work.
c) It was said when Dr Hafez was asking Amalia about Lander who had broken into the tomb, had stolen some artifacts and had run away. Dr Hafez wondered how Lander had found the tomb.
III- Compete the sentences:
1- Leila was angry that .................... = someone was in the tomb at night.
2- Leila's anger made her forget her ................ = fear.
3- Leila came into the cave instead of .……… = calling for help.
4- Leila told Martin Lander that he was there in the cave to.............. = steal things that other people had found.
5- Martin Lander was interested in ............... = stealing fine things to add them to his collection.
6- Martin appreciated fine things and would be happy to…= add them to his collection.
7- Everything they could find should .................... = go to a museum so that people could see it.
8- Martin was sorry not to ............................... =find a gold mask.
9- Leila's arrival when Martin was in the cave disturbed ….… = Martin Lander's work.
10- Martin pulled up the ladder so as to ............... = prevent Leila from following him .
11- In her dream Leila screamed when ................. = she saw soldiers raising their swords and were about to attack her.
12- Dr Hafez wondered how Martin could easily ............ = find that tomb.
13- Leila suspected .............................. = Amalia.
14- Dr Hafez wanted to ……… = find the truth how Martin had found the tomb easily and. To find Lander and the artifacts he had taken from the cave.
15- The police thought that it would not be easy to ……....= catch Martin Lander.
16- Amalia told Dr Hafez she did not tell Lander ....= any information about her work.
17-It was Leila who had discovered .........= the mask of gold of an Inca king.
18- Pablo was delighted and put ............... = the gold mask in the safe.
19- The police came to the site again when .............. = the gold mask had been stolen.
20- They knew for certain that it was a royal tomb because ………… = they discovered a mask of gold in it.