Questions with Model Answers Ch (
1- What was the special powder for?
• It was for taking the fingerprints on the safe to see whose fingerprints were on the safe.
2- How did the thief get into the hut?
• The thief got into the hut through the open window.
3- Why did Pablo go to Quenco?
• Pablo went to Quenco because he had a meeting with the UNESCO people.
4- How did the police try to make their investigations?
• The police tried to make their investigations by using special kind of powder, asking the people on the site, searching their things and taking their fingerprints to see whose fingerprints were on the safe.
5- Why was Dr Hafez’s face white and his eyes looked strange?
• Because the police chief wanted to talk to Leila because they had found a little gold rabbit among her things.
6- Why did the police chief want to talk to Leila?
• Because they had found a little gold rabbit among her work clothes.
7- What did the police find among Leila's work clothes?
• The police found a little gold rabbit among Leila's work clothes.
8- What did Leila tell the police?
• Leila told the police that she was not a thief and she had never seen the little gold rabbit before.
9- Who did Dr Hafez suspect to put the little gold rabbit among Leila's work clothes?
• Dr Hafez suspected Martin Lander or someone who disliked Leila and wanted her to be blamed for the theft of the gold Mask.
10- What was Leila's unpleasant experience?
• Leila's unpleasant experience was finding a little gold rabbit among her work clothes and being put into a prison cell.
11- Who was also put into the police cell?
• Amalia was also put into the prison cell.
12- Why did Amalia apologise to Leila?
• Amalia apologised to Leila because it was her fault that Leila was in the prison cell and was arrested for theft because Amalia had put a little gold rabbit among her work clothes.
13- What did Amalia do to get Leila into trouble?
• To get Leila into trouble Amalia put a little gold rabbit among Leila's work clothes.
14- Why was Amalia angry?
• Amalia was angry because Dr Hafez had chosen Leila to-be in charge of the team.
15- Why was Amalia jealous?
• Amalia was jealous because Leila discovered the gold mask, and would get all the credit, and her name would be famous as it would be in all the newspapers and on TV.
16- What secret did Amalia keep?
• Amalia kept the discovery of the little gold rabbit secret.
17- What did Amalia explain to the police?
• Amalia explained to the police that she had put the little gold rabbit among Leila's work clothes to get her in trouble.
18- What did Lander tell Amalia when they were in Quenco?
• Lander told Amalia that he was keen to go to Acomayo.
19- Why did Amalia and Leila set off for Acomayo?
• Amalia and Leila set off for Acomayo to catch Martin Lander there.
20- Why was the road to Acomayo dangerous?
• The road to Acomayo was dangerous because it was narrow and as they climbed higher the weather turned bad, and they had to travel above the clouds.
21- Was the safe found broken?
• No, the safe was not found broken.
22- How was the road to Acomayo?
• The road to Acomayo was very dangerous.
23- What did Amalia tell Dr Hafez on her mobile?
• Amalia told Dr Hafez on her mobile that she and Leila were on their way to Acomayo to catch Martin Lander .
24- What was Lander connected to?
• Lander was connected to the mask of gold .
II- Read the following quotations and then answer the questions :
1- “call him on my mobile."
a) Who said this to whom?
B) Who was to be called on the mobile?
c) On what occasion was it said?
a) It was said by Amalia to Leila.
B) Dr Hafez was to be called.
c) It was said when Amalia and Leila were on their way to Acomayo to arrest Martin Lander.
(2)"Forgive me because it is my fault that you are here:"
a)Who said this to whom?
b)What had this person done?
c)Why had he/she done it?
a) It was said by Amalia to Leila.
B) She had got Leila into trouble because she had put a little gold rabbit among Leila's work clothes to be accused of theft.
c) She had done it because she was jealous of Leila who had discovered the gold mask and her name would be famous.
II- Complete the sentences:
I- The police was putting a special ............... = kind of powder on the safe to take the fingerprints on the safe.
2- Someone opened the door of the safe with ................. = a key.
3- Pablo went to Quenco to .......= have a meeting with the UNESCO people.
4- The police chief wanted to talk to Leila because ........... = they had found a little gold rabbit among Leila's work clothes
5- Dr Hafez was shocked and upset because ……..……= the police found a little gold rabbit among Leila's work clothes.
6- Someone wanted to get Leila .......... = into trouble.
7- Leila burst into tears when ............ = the police put her into a police cell and locked the door and left her.
8- Amalia was sorry for.......... = what had happened to Leila because of Amalia's fault.
9- Amalia was jealous because ............ = Leila had discovered the gold mask and she would get all the credit and her name would be in all the newspapers and on TV.
10-Martin Lander and the mask ..................... = were connected.
11-On her mobile................... = Amalia called Dr Hafez and told him that she and Leila were on their way to Acomayo to catch Lander.
12-As they climbed higher into the mountain the weather …….... = turned bad.
13-Amalia was a good ............................. = driver.
14-On top of the mountains they were like ................. = being in a plane .
15-Amalia came to the police station to ...................…. = explain what had happened and to say that Leila was innocent.