Questions with Model Answers Ch (9)
A- Answer the following Questions:
1- Why did the accident happen?
• The accident happened because the road was dangerous and the weather was very bad and the car rolled over the edge.
2- Why was it extremely difficult to get Amalia out of the car?
• It was extremely difficult to get Amalia out of the car because she was in great pain and she must have broken something.
3- Show how Leila forgave Amalia.
• It was clear that Leila forgave Amalia because Leila told Amalia she was so sorry she had thought badly of her.
4- How did the people of the village help Amalia?
• The people of the village helped Amalia by carrying her to their house in the village and giving her some hot drink and some leave to chew.
5- How did Leila get from the village to Acomayo?
• By bus.
6- What did the doctor do to save Amalia?
• To save Amalia the doctor ordered a helicopter to carry Amalia to the hospital in Cuzco.
7- Why was it a difficult phone call from Leila to Dr Hafez?
• Because there were several cuts off and the line was very bad.
8- How did the woman doctor save Amalia’s life?
• The woman doctor saw it was a serious case and a matter of life and death so she ordered a helicopter to carry Amalia to Cuzco.
9- What do you know about health care in Peru?
• From the story I can see that health care is available and a helicopter can be available to save one's life.
10- Who arrived with Dr Hafez in Acomayo?
• Ramon arrived with Dr Hafez.
11-Who did Dr Hafez suspect?
• Dr Hafez suspected Pablo.
12-What did Pablo tell Dr Hafez about the keys of the safe?
• Pablo told Dr Hafez that he had left the keys in the by mistake.
13-What did Pablo tell Dr Hafez about his relationship with Martin?
• Pablo told Dr Hafez that he had worked with Martin Lander before and Martin had offered him a lot of money for the gold mask.
14- What did Pablo tell Dr Hafez about the mask?
• Pablo told Dr Hafez that Martin had offered him a lot of money for the gold mask.
15- What did Pablo tell Dr Hafez about his own life?
• Pablo told Dr Hafez that he had a hard life and a sick child who needed expensive medicines.
16-What did Dr Hafez tell Pablo about Martin?
• Dr Hafez told Pablo that the police had caught Martin but it was not true.
17- What did Dr Hafez suggest?
• Dr Hafez suggested calling the police.
18- What was Leila's plan to catch Martin?
• Leila's plan to catch Martin was to set a trap and let Pablo meet Martin and they would follow him and catch him.
19-Why did Leila set a trap to catch Martin Lander?
• Leila set a trap to catch Martin for Amalia's sake because Martin had stolen her father's money.
20- What did Leila think for calling the police?
• Leila thought that there was not time to call the police.
II- Read the following Quotations and then answer the questions:
(1) "I'm so sorry I thought badly of you”.
a) Who said this to whom?
B) Why did he/she think badly?
c) On what occasion was it said?
a) It was said by Leila to Amalia.
B) She once thought badly of Amalia because she had seen her sitting with Martin Lander at a cafe in Quenco.
(2) “It's a matter of life and death."
a) Who said this to whom?
c) What was going to happen?
a) It was said by the woman doctor to Leila in the village house.
B) She was worried about Amalia who was seriously injured in the car accident.
c) The doctor did not want to use an ambulance as it would take too much time so she ordered a helicopter to carry Amalia to the hospital in Cuzco.
III- Complete the sentences:
1- Leila and Amalia had a car accident because ...............
= the road was dangerous and the weather was very bad and the car rolled over the edge as Amalia was driving in thick clouds.
2- Amalia wanted Lander to be.............. = arrested .
3- Amalia told Leila that she was not ........... = working with Martin Lander.
4- Amalia told Leila that Martin had made her family .......... = very poor.
5- Martin persuaded Amalia's father to …. = put up some money for a new silver mine.
6- The doctor thought that Amalia’s case was a matter of..... = life and death.
7- The helicopter carried Amalia to .......... = a hospital in Cuzco.
8- Both Dr Hafez and Ramon ……… = arrived.
9- Dr Hafez followed Pablo in .......... = Quenco.
10-Dr Hafez told Pablo that .............. = the police had caught Martin Lander.
11- Pablo confessed that Martin .....= had offered him a lot of money for the gold mask
12- Amalia taught Leila how to ............. = ask for help in their language.
13-Leila set a trap to ....................... = catch Martin Lander .
14-It was planned to let Pablo ...…..... = meet Martin Lander in Cuzco and to follow him and catch him.
15-Leila felt sorry for Amalia because ................ = she thought badly of her.
16- Leila had got to catch Martin for.................. =Amalia's sake.