a. If you don't study, I won't give you the money.
Unless you study, I won't give you the money.
b. If you didn't come, I wouldn't forgive you.
Unless you came, I wouldn't forgive you.
c. If you hadn't come, I wouldn't have forgiven you.
Unless you had come, I wouldn't have forgiven you.
15. as long asطالما = provided thatبشرط أن = only if
- If you don't come, I won't forgive you.
I will forgive you only if/provided that/as long as you come.
16. so = consequently = that's why= therefore × because = since = as
- He went to hospital as he was ill.
He was ill so/consequently he went to hospital.
First I played football. Then I went home.
a. I played football and afterwards I went home.
b. I played football and I went home afterwards.
18. Next ثالثا :
- Amalia found the rabbit, then she looked for Leila's work clothes, next
she put it among them.
19. Finally = at last = at length = eventually فى النهاية
a. I got up. Then I had breakfast. Next, I went to school and played
with my friend afterwards. Finally, I returned home.
b. I searched for the bride everywhere. Finally, I got married last week.
20. حدثان حصلا فى نفس اللحظة
at this stage فى هذه المرحلة at the same time فى نفس الوقت
as this happens بينما يحدث هذا simultaneously معا،فى وقت واحد
- Ghada, Amira and Maha came simultaneously last week.
21. This : يمكن أن تحل محل كلمة أو جملة كاملة
كلمة a. Ayman used the Internet to find the spider. This is a great web.
جملة كاملة b. I bought a new computer. This was a good thing.
22. These : تشير إلى كلمة جمع أو مجموعة من الأشياء
a. I have got 3000 books. These are in my library.
b. Ali has got a company, a villa and a car. These show he is rich.
23. التأكيد : يمكن تأكيد المعنى باستخدام مجموعة من الكلمات :
very , not very, so much, very much , such a/an , extremely, really, terribly awfully
Very: a. He is very pleased.
لتقليل قوة النقد b. He is not very good.
= He is bad.
c. Ali is such a clever boy.
ظرف –ly + تصريف ثالث / ظرف / صفة
d. Amalia was badly injured.
e. Leila drove extremely fast.
f. The jacket is accurately made.
What makes/ made مفعول + فعل أو صفة is/was that جملة
- He got high marks. His family were happy.
What made his family happy was that he got high marks.
- He studies because he wants to get high marks:
What makes him study is that he wants to get high marks:
What فعل + مفعول is/was that جملة
- He got high marks. This pleased his family.
What pleased his family was that he got high marks.
What فاعل + فعل +مكمل is /was (that جملة) or مكمل
- The best thing in my job is reading many books.
* What I love best about my job is reading many books.
* What I love best about my job is that I read many books.
25. The thing that really فعل + مفعول is/was that جملة
- Heba doesn't act well. This annoys me.
The thing that really annoys me is that Heba doesn't act well.
The thing that makes/ made + مفعول + فعل أوصفة is/was that جملة
The thing that makes me annoyed is that Heba doesn't act well.
The thing that فاعل +فعل +مكمل is/was that جملة
The thing that I find annoying is that Heba doesn't act well.
26. The fact that makes/made مفعول + فعل أوصفة is / was that جملة
Leila was in charge of a team. Amalia was jealous.
The fact that made Amalia jealous was that Leila was in charge of a team
The fact that فاعل+ فعل+ مكمل makes /made مفعول + فعل أو صفة
The fact that Leila was in charge of a team made Amalia jealous.
27. It is/was فاعل that فعل + مفعول
- Amalia put the gold mask among Leila's work clothes.
It was Amalia that put the gold mask among Leila's work clothes.>
It is such a/an صفة موصوف –
It is such a fine book.
It is ظرف+ صفة for فاعل to فعل + مكمل
- Ali should study hard :
It is very important for Ali to study hard.
It was after جملة أولى that جملة ثانية
It was after I had finished reading the book that I returned it to the library.
It wasn't before جملة أولى that جملة ثانية
After I had eaten , I got out.
It wasn't before I ate that I got out.